Long Breath Diet – By Miki Ryosuke
The following description of the exercises is taken from this article.
Long Breath Diet Method Of Breathing No. 1 (Transcription)
- Form: Tighten your buttocks leaving dimples in your behind (check this by placing your fingers in the area formed by the compression)、place one foot in front of your body, crossing your legs, placing 90% of your body weight on your back foot.
Avoid sitting on your hips、brining your hips forward and your head back as to form a straight line between your front foot and your shoulders.
- Hold for 3 seconds inhaling reading your body for full exhale.
- Using your entire body exhale strongly for 7 seconds (Making a sound similar to what you would put out throwing a shot put is effective)
Note that when you exhale you shouldn’t be pacing yourself. In actuality, you will blow out the air in your lungs in a fraction of the time. Even after running out of air to exhale keep blowing while holding a pose in position.
Doing this exercise should take no longer than 10 seconds. Do 6 repetitions for best results. (1 minute)
Long Breath Diet Method Of Breathing 2
- Form: Tighten your buttocks standing straight up
- Breathe in for 3 seconds while sucking in your midsection.
- Breathe out for 7 seconds sucking your abdomen in even further.
Do this exercise as to bring your stomach towards your back focusing your energy towards your center similarly to the way it is done practicing Dan Tian breathing.
Dan Tian is located about 9centimeters bellow your belly button. Focus on this area while doing this exercise for best results.
This breathing exercise should take about 10 seconds to do right. Do 6 repetitions and you are done (1 minute)
To master this breathing technique, do 3-5 sets per day. Don’t worry if you can’t get it done right at first. Continue practicing and it should come naturally. Note that form is more important than breathing. Once you’ve fully mastered the form, breathing should be so easy you can do it with your eyes closed.
This is a video of Miki doing the Long Breath Diet exercises: